Be a hero. Join us!
Want to volunteer and help our non-profit make a greater impact on the queer geek community?
Check out the open roles below and email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
We are looking for a qualified Marketing Coordinator to help us manage the public voice of our queer, geeky org. If you have that magic combo of media savvy, creativity, and a passion for collaborative work, we would be excited for you to join us!
Our ideal candidate is someone who is great at keeping teams on task and comfortable engaging with new people of all professional backgrounds and life experiences.
- Collaborate closely with the Board to identify the gaps in our content and brainstorm projects that will engage our audience online
- Coordinate marketing campaign releases with Social Media, Newsletter, Website, & PR team members – making sure we’re meeting deadlines and speaking with a unified voice across all platforms
- Measure engagement metrics and work with Fundraising team to boost our reach Support our relationships with media outlets
You’d be available by email at least once a week and in contact with our Board minimum once a month.
Social Media Coordinator
Do you have a sixth sense for what will be trending on Twitter? Do you run to Facebook to break down the latest official trailer release? Do you believe an Insta story is worth a thousand words? #Awesome! Geeks OUT is looking for folks to keep the conversation going across our Geeks OUT & Flame Con social media accounts.
You’ll shape our voice by:
- Regularly updating our feeds to let folks know what we’re up to Monitoring & responding to comments with kindness & charm
- Boosting other accounts & messages that align with our mission
- Working with our Marketing Team Coordinator to brainstorm new ways we can stay engaged with our community
You’d be available by email at least once a week and in contact with our Marketing team once monthly.
Flame Con Exhibitor Coordinator
Exhibitors make Flame Con possible and they need your guidance! We are looking for folks that are able to conduct the Flame Con symphony. You will handle all communications with our vendors, customize our ticketing system, assign table locations, manage applications and waitlists, and generate reports.
The best people for this role will be comfortable:
- Working as an Eventbrite administrator
- Using clear and diplomatic communication skills
- Staying superbly organized and paying attention to details
You’d be available to work with the Flame Con Steering Committee two to five hours a week and meet with our Board once a month.