Be a hero. Join us!
Want to volunteer and help our non-profit make a greater impact on the queer geek community?
Check out the open roles below and email email@example.com to get involved!
Behind every successful organization… is a math geek getting it done! Geeks OUT has great plans for the future, but we need someone who will mind our money and help us reach our growth goals. We are looking for a person with experience in finance and/or fundraising to serve as Treasurer.
As Treasurer you will:
- Make sure vendor payments and team reimbursements are disbursed in a timely manner
- Coordinate receipt submission to our bookkeeping firm & review their monthly reconciliations
- Report on the financial health of the org to the Board in monthly meetings
You’d be available to work with our Finance Committee two to five hours a week and meet with our Board once a month.
As a completely volunteer run non-profit organization, we rely on volunteers to help make sure our events run smoothly. We’re looking for someone who can help recruit and manage our volunteers for the various events and conventions we attend and for Flame Con, the world’s largest queer comic convention.
The best people for this role will:
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (databases, e-mail, social media etc.)
- Collect information on availabilities and skills
- Arrange for appropriate training when needed
- Produce schedules for everyday activities
- Assign responsibilities to the right people for special events
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
You’d be available by email at least once a week and in contact with our Outreach team once monthly.
Panels are a major part of any convention whether they’re in person or virtual over the interwebs. We’re looking for someone to help curate, ideate, and manage panels for Flame Con and other outside conventions Geeks OUT attends.
The best people for this role will have:
- Keen interest in queer and geeky topics
- Comfort coordinating multiple schedules
You’d be available by email at least once-twice a week and available to meet with our Programming team up to 5 hours a month.
Flame Con Exhibitor Coordinator
Exhibitors make Flame Con possible and they need your guidance! We are looking for folks that are able to conduct the Flame Con symphony. You will handle all communications with our vendors, customize our ticketing system, assign table locations, manage applications and waitlists, and generate reports.
The best people for this role will be comfortable:
- Working an Eventbrite administrator
- Using clear and diplomatic communication skills
- Staying superbly organized and paying attention to details
You’d be available to work with the Flame Con Steering Committee two to five hours a week and meet with our Board once a month.