Be a hero. Join us!
Want to volunteer and help our non-profit make a greater impact on the queer geek community?
Check out the open roles below and email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
Behind every successful organization… is a math geek getting it done! Geeks OUT has great plans for the future, but we need someone who will mind our money and help us reach our growth goals. We are looking for a person with experience in finance and/or fundraising to serve as Treasurer.
As Treasurer you will:
- Make sure vendor payments and team reimbursements are disbursed in a timely manner
- Coordinate receipt submission to our bookkeeping firm & review their monthly reconciliations
- Report on the financial health of the org to the Board in monthly meetings
You’d be available to work with our Finance Committee two to five hours a week and meet with our Board once a month.
Marketing Team Coordinator
We are looking for a qualified Marketing Team Coordinator to help us manage the public voice of our queer, geeky org. If you have that magic combo of media savvy, creativity, and a passion for collaborative work, we would be excited for you to join us!
Our ideal candidate is someone who is great at keeping teams on task and comfortable engaging with new people of all professional backgrounds and life experiences.
You’ll use your marketing magic to:
- Collaborate closely with the Board to identify the gaps in our content and brainstorm projects that will engage our audience online
- Coordinate marketing campaign releases with Social Media, Newsletter, Website, & PR team members – making sure we’re meeting deadlines and speaking with a unified voice across all platforms
- Measure engagement metrics and work with Fundraising team to boost our reach
- Support our relationships with media outlets
You’d be available by email at least twice a week and meet with our Board once a month.
Social Media Content Coordinator
Do you have a sixth sense for what will be trending on Twitter? Do you run to Facebook to break down the latest official trailer release? Do you believe an Insta story is worth a thousand words? #Awesome! Geeks OUT is looking for folks to keep the conversation going across our Geeks OUT & Flame Con social media accounts.
You’ll shape our voice by:
- Regularly updating our feeds to let folks know what we’re up to
- Monitoring & responding to comments with kindness & charm
- Boosting other accounts & messages that align with our mission
- Working with our Marketing Team Coordinator to brainstorm new ways we can stay engaged with our community
You’d be available by email at least twice a week and meet with our Marketing team once a month.
Do you love creating fun, safe spaces for LGBTQ folx – online and IRL? Fabulous! Geeks OUT is looking for a host with the most to plan a variety of accessible events for all!
You’ll be a great fit if you have a:
- Passion for creating interactive events online (think game sessions, get-to-know-yas, + more!)
- Commitment to safety + accessibility (no Zoom bombing here)
- Ability to plan ahead and keep everyone informed
- And, of course, IRL event planning is… TBD.
You’d be available by email at least once a week and meet with our Outreach team once a month.