Be a hero. Join us!
Want to volunteer and help our non-profit make a greater impact on the queer geek community?
Check out the open roles below and email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
We’re looking for someone to serve as an in-house consultant to ensure that all meetings, activities and events (with particular focus on Flame Con) are as accessible as possible!
You’d advocate for Accessibility by:
- Reviewing current Accessibility initiatives and adding to and improving them
- Creating a budget for accessibility needs
- Educating and assisting all volunteers and coordinators on accessibility protocols
You’d be available by email at least once a week and in contact with our Board/Flame Con Steering Committee minimum once a month.
Social Media / Content Coordinator
Do you believe an Insta story is worth a thousand words? Do you have a sixth sense for what will be trending on Twitter? Do you get a rush from stitching the perfect response to a TikTok? Do you run to Facebook to break down the latest official trailer release? #Awesome! Geeks OUT is looking for folks to keep the conversation going across our Geeks OUT & Flame Con social media accounts.
You’ll shape our voice by:
- Regularly updating our feeds to let folks know what we’re up to
- Monitoring & responding to comments with kindness & charm
- Boosting other accounts & messages that align with our mission
- Working with our Marketing Team Coordinator to brainstorm new ways we can stay engaged with our community
You’d be available by email at least once a week and in contact with our Marketing team once monthly.